Become part of our growing team, and dedicate yourself to a life of quality products, stories, and experiences. If you think you belong at Best Made then drop us a line.
- Inventory Manager
- Sales Associates
- Fall Internship Program
Best Made is hiring an Inventory Manager to be responsible for inventory planning and purchasing for a select group of merchandise for the catalog and e-comm channels of business. Forecasting sales demand $, gross margin $, units, sell through %, weeks of supply, combined with placing purchase orders with manufacturers are key functions. Analysis of historical data and working closely in a team environment with operations, designers, and production with the goal of thorough planning, accurately forecasting, ordering, tracking receipts and developing appropriate inventory flow of merchandise will be required.
The ideal candidate for this role will bring these qualities and experiences:
- Strong analytical, mathematical and problem solving skills and proficiency with retail math.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Prior experience working with inventory and planning systems preferred.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to use sales financial data to make decisions and maximize profitability.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to negotiate effectively.
- Ability to develop and present written reports and analyses.
- Ability to work in team environment and develop the inventory organization as company grows.
- Bachelors degree in Business or equivalent experience in related discipline.
- 5+ years in a forecasting, inventory management or planning role.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with production, operations and merchandising to develop pre-season inventory level purchase plans, and in season projections down to SKU level for catalog and e-comm.
- Finalize and communicate forecasts to vendors based in line with production calendar.
- Issue purchase orders for merchandise based on item forecast and due date and approved purchasing budget.
- Work closely with vendors to flow purchase orders and track deliveries.
- Monitor sales to reorder, expedite, or cancel as necessary.
- Create and maintain spreadsheets to report and analyze data.
- Liaise with fulfillment center on receiving
- Coordinate with fulfillment center on QC inspections, communicating to resolution with vendors as any issues arise
- Communicate with retail locations to ensure proper allocation of inventory across sales locations
For consideration, please send a resume and cover letter with your most recent work experience and unique qualification for Best Made to email@example.com. Please do not call our retail location for hiring related questions. We will directly contact applicants with appropriate experience.
Best Made Company is seeking sales associates to work in our Tribeca shop. The ideal candidate for this role will bring these qualities and experiences:
- A knowledge and love of the outdoors, apparel & gear
- Flexible schedule, ability to work consistent weekend shifts
- Strong work ethic with a desire to grow career through integrity, hard work, and achieving results.
- Ability to work in a team setting
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain the sales floor, the fitting room, and the cash wrap area
- Provide product and brand information to customers
- Approaching tasks with a "Can-do" mentality and entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to manage time and tasks effectively without supervision
- Approaches customer experience with a genuine spirit and attitude towards sharing quality information and service by building long term relationships
- Assist in Operational Tasks, including Visual Merchandising/Store Presentation
For consideration, please send a resume and cover letter with your most recent work experience and unique qualification for Best Made to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call our retail location for hiring related questions. We will directly contact associates with appropriate experience.
As a Best Made intern, you will have a variety of experiences including time learning the business/administrative side of a growing company, hands-on development in our first NYC retail space, and ownership and presentation of a project (to be determined in the field of design, communications, marketing, production, retail, or customer experience). The internship is full-time, based in New York City and designed for interns who are interested in spending equal parts of fall in the retail shop and office. Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
For consideration, please email a combined Intern Application, PDF resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Only applicants who submit the one PDF with all materials will be considered.
- A Best Made American Felling Axe!
- Stipend & metrocard
- Weekly Staff lunch Training
- Mentoring and workshops
- If needed: college, work-study, or independent study credit