Best Made Company is seeking sales associates to work in our New York City Flagship store located in Tribeca. The ideal candidate for this role will bring these qualities and experiences:
- A knowledge and love of the outdoors, apparel & gear
- Flexible schedule, ability to work consistent weekend shifts
- Strong work ethic with a desire to grow career through integrity, hard work, and achieving results.]
- Ability to work in a team setting
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain the sales floor, the fitting room, and the cash wrap area
- Provide product and brand information to customers
- Approaching tasks with a "Can-do" mentality and entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to manage time and tasks effectively without supervision
- Approaches customer experience with a genuine spirit and attitude towards sharing quality information and service by building long term relationships
- Assist in Operational Tasks, including Visual Merchandising/Store Presentation
For consideration, please send a resume and cover letter with your most recent work experience to email@example.com. Please do not call our retail location for hiring related questions. We will directly contact associates with appropriate experience.
Summer 2014 Internship
As a Best Made intern, you will receive diverse experiences including time learning the business/administrative side of a growing company, hands-on development in our first NYC retail space, and ownership and presentation of a project (to be determined in the field of design, communications, marketing, production, retail, or customer experience). The internship is full-time and based at our Tribeca, NYC headquarters and designed for interns who are interested in spending equal parts of summer in the retail shop and office. Interns must be available June 1, 2014 through August 31, 2014.
- A Best Made American Felling Axe!
- Stipend & metrocard
- Weekly Staff lunch
- Training, mentoring and workshops
- If needed: college, work-study, or independent study credit
All Applications are due by April 15, 2014
Please follow the below application instructions to be considered for Best Made’s Summer Internship program. Unfortunately, we can’t accept incomplete applications. Best Made also accepts interns year-round on an as-needed basis. Please note, due to the volume of email, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants at this time. Thanks for understanding.
- Please share all three required documents below as one, self-contained, PDF file. The file should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For the email subject line: "LAST NAME_FIRSTNAME - Summer 2014 Internship Program"
- Applications without this formatting will be considered incomplete
- Application file: Application Form, one page cover letter, one page resume including two references
Best Made is seeking an Office Assistant to support our growing team in New York City. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ambassador of Best Made to office visitors & customers
- Liaise with & support the executive, operations and production functions
- Coordinate meetings, travel & keep the calendar for Best Made’s CEO & COO
- Proactively address obstacles inhibiting work efficiencies in office
- Keep the physical & mental space of our HQ in exemplary shape
- Manage relationships with Best Made’s vendors, freelancers & everyone in-between
- Support Best Made’s Workshop series, including weekend, evening or travel support as required
- Keeper of Best Made’s databases
- Maintain Best Made handbooks & policies, including supporting on HR functions
- Enthusiasm to tackle projects in office that you may not have an expertise in (e.g. IT)
- Provide spot coverage for the retail team as needed
- Support production, customer service, and marketing/pr functions; tasks may range from scanning press clips, running samples to our production facility, or assembling customer service Q&A documents
- Passion for the outdoors & Best Made’s product
- Can storytell Best Made’s adventures and products to guests
- Outstanding customer service skills; you’re just as comfortable jumping on the retail floor as organizing a sample library
- Enthusiastic attitude to problem solve
- Extremely organized & systems oriented
- Strong time management skills
- Understanding of international travel requirements & regulations
- Can manage multiple projects and prioritize support
- Has a strong sense of team building and can identify multiple solutions for challenges
For consideration, please send a resume and cover letter with your most recent work experience to email@example.com. We will directly contact candidates with appropriate experience.